For a quick start – visit the Q’s and A’s section and then set up an account under Sign In. You’ll begin to get bi-weekly email updates and you can try the system out for FREE! For more details, read on…
Superior Seasons Food Market Store is an online ordering system designed to combine orders from multiple local businesses into one, convenient transaction for customers. It also allows vendors to pick/create exactly what was ordered, and streamlines administration so they can focus on quality and production (not going home with produce from market or running out of 1 item too early). It was founded and is operated by Belluz Farms to help enhance our business as well as create an efficient distribution model for primarily smaller businesses to get their product to market. To qualify to use the store, each grower or artisan must be actively managing their business sustainably with a focus on contributing to our local community. They are also verified professionals working with long term vision to make a better local food system. We will be governed by a Management Committee composed of member growers/artisans.
While not a true cooperative, Superior Seasons Food Market uses cooperative efforts to achieve steady and dependable means of supplying the highest quality produce and other products without needing a significant percentage for the “middle-man”. We work to find new and innovative methods to preserve our farm land, protect our natural resources, support our local economy, provide meaningful work, and return to a more self-sufficient community life. Each farmer and artisan realizes the importance of educating the community about the benefits of sustainable practices to our lives and our land. Members often dedicate a portion of their personal time to building gardens for their local communities as well as providing fun and informative educational programs for children and adults.
Superior Seasons Overview
1. You order your product, 2. The vendors harvest/prepare and pack the product, 3. You receive or pick-up and pay for the product. Superior Seasons is an excellent venue for individuals and industry to access local food regularly, easily and efficiently. Farmers and artisans post what is available for each order rotation. Farmers and Artisans set the pricing for their own products and receive 90% of the sale with the rest going to administrate this website, and the packing and delivery of orders.
This online market store makes your grocery and local artisan shopping quick and easy. You can place your orders twice a week on your break at work, when the baby is sleeping, or after your early morning walk under the stars. (Or maybe while having your morning pick-me-up tea or coffee.)
How it Works
1. You browse and order online what you want, in the quantities that you want, from the farms and artisans that you want. (Veggies, meat, tea, coffee, soaps, cleaners, seasonal decor). Ordering days are connected directly to specific pickup/delivery options. Order between Monday 4:30pm and Thursday 4:30pm for our Saturday options OR between Thursday 4:30pm and Monday 4:30pm for the Wednesday options.
2.Payment is done when you receive your order (not on the website). Wholesale accounts may qualify for terms.
No Time on Saturday to get to the local Market? – Let us deliver on Wednesday to your location!
Deliveries available to:
• Buying groups (3+ individuals at 1 location)
• Qualified Businesses.
Become a Buying Group
1. Find 2 Friends / neighbours / co-workers
2. Register as a buying group (minimum 3 people)
3. Place an order
4. Receive your food at home/work.
Visit the Q’s and A’s section for all the detailed information about how the system works
Other Important Items
Gift Certificates are available! If you would like to purchase a gift of health and flavour, please consider a gift certificate. You can decide the amount and the lucky recipient can purchase on the site without having to pay membership fees!
Sponsor a membership! If you would like to sponsor a membership for an individual or family, please contact us.
The store was founded in 2010 through the combined efforts of many local growers and artisans, including Boreal Edge Farm and Blue Moon Ranch. We were recognizing and responding to needs of community members and small business owners, to combine the efforts of individual businesses to market their produce. Currently, we plan to sell products to local restaurants, businesses, grocery stores, institutional kitchens, and to individuals and families.
Why Support Locally Grown?
Enhance local economy: By purchasing produce and other items from local growers you are providing stability to your local economy through the support of local businesses who are more responsive to community needs and conditions.
Provide learning opportunities: supporters provide member growers and artisans the means to help educate our community about the importance of sustainable agriculture and living.
Supporting a way of life: The number of small farms in Canada has decreased dramatically in the last decade. Please help us preserve an honest and worthy means of making a living.
We believe that diverse, family-owned farms contribute to society’s overall health.
Still have questions? Check our Q and A section.